Volunteering: Your Gift of Time
Volunteers are a vital part of the WellStar West Georgia Medical Center community. Reassuring the apprehensive patient, bringing a warm smile to a worried visitor, sharing hope – as a volunteer you can be of help in these and countless other ways. Hundreds of people have found that volunteering as little as four hours a week enriches their own lives.
The West Georgia Medical Center Auxiliary and other organizations provide valuable services to the West Georgia Medical Center, Florence Hand Home and Twin Fountains Home patients, staff and visitors. At WellStar West Georgia Medical Center, you will find a variety of volunteer opportunities to match your skills and interests:
- Call Room — Escort patients upon admission to treatment areas, deliver flowers and late trays, escort patients and belongings to dismissal area.
- Coffee Cart — Provide complimentary coffee service to patients, visitors and staff.
- Emergency Department – Support ED staff in providing comfort to patients and their families.
- Enoch Callaway Cancer Center — Serve as a host/hostess for patients and family members.
- Florence Hand Home/Twin Fountains Home — Help with various activities provided for the residents, deliver and read mail, visit with residents, staff beauty shop, work in the library.
- Gift Shop — Assist customers, ring up sales (a great portion of auxiliary funds are raised in the gift shop).
- Information Desk — Provide information to visitors regarding patient rooms and directions.
- Intensive Care Waiting Room — Serve as a liaison between families and caregivers; provide information about patient’s condition and location.
- Physical Therapy — Assist staff with patient-related treatments in Physical Therapy Department.
West Georgia Medical Center Auxiliary
These dedicated volunteers raise funds through gift shop proceeds, special events and our annual Lovelight campaign. The funds are channeled through the West Georgia Health Foundation. Auxilians serve in all areas of West Georgia Medical Center.
To access an online volunteer application, click here.
For more information, call (706) 845-3965.