Know Your Risk
Strokes can be devastating for a person and their family members, so be sure to know your risk factors and what you can do to lower them!
To reduce your risk:
- Know your blood pressure.
- Find out whether you have atrial fibrillation.
- If you smoke, stop.
- Find out if you have high cholesterol.
- If diabetic, follow recommendations to control your diabetes.
- Include exercise in your daily routine.
- Enjoy a lower-sodium (salt), lower-fat diet.
By eating healthy, being active and not smoking, you can significantly decrease your chances of having a stroke.